Saturday 2 April 2016

Sunday 6th March 1988

Pamela and Matthew came today we were playing hide and seek most of the time. I can't wait until tomorrow because we are getting a new three-piece-suite I wonder what it looks like? 

We played a lot of hide and seek. A lot. Even though there were only a very finite number of places one can hide in a 3 bedroom semi-detached house. Matthew has been mentioned in two entries in a row, once in my 2016 notes and this time in 1988 (and subsequently here). Our parents are best friends and we grew up together, mainly watching Star Wars on Betamax at their house. Pamela was born in the bed next to me 3 minutes after I was born, my mum and her dad went to school together, her dad and my dad refereed together and we ended up living very close to each other at university. Our parents now go on holiday together a lot, which is nice intit?

Not much to work with but this does at least give a little vignette of my life at the time - very innocent, playing and looking forward to seeing the new seating. And no moaning about not much happening, or complaining that my arm hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment