Wednesday 20 October 2010

Thursday 4th February 1988

10 days to go!!! We are going to have a “theatre” coming tomorrow I am writing about it today because I will be staying up until about 3.00am Saturday morning because comic relief is on tomorrow night can't wait to See Andy Crane going into the Gunktank. Stopping now because I want to get my sleep because of tomorrow night.

Remember Andy Crane?   

and an interview mentioning the gunge tank here

I love the big sentence, utterly pointless but kinda how kids talk. I do feel I've kinda cheated myself a bit with the constant saying why I have to stop writing. I really should have just done a diary every few days instead of trying to do it every night.

I think when I said “theatre”, I meant a theatre company... but we'll never know cos this is literally the only mention of it I've found so far. That there is a definite sign that some days of learning and culture were a bit wasted on me.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I just found your blog because I am in the process of blogging my own diary from 1988 (what are the chances?!) and was looking for an image of Andy Crane in the gunk tank. This was obviously a very big deal at the time! I've been enjoying reading your diary entries - sounds like we led similarly exciting lives...

    I'm going to start sharing my diary on my blog every Tuesday, beginning tomorrow, if you want to compare :)

    ReplyDelete