Sunday 9 May 2010

Friday 22nd January 1988

Woke up this morning to find therewasan inch of Snow on the ground. Went to racing club tonight couldn't race with my car because my dad Took it to work on Tuesday and left the transmitter on so the batteries had run down. Actually I'm glad that happened because the race I should have been in there was about fifteen cars all crasting into one another. Then a couple went outside with the lunch box and it was skidding round all over the place. I'm stopping now because my mum's coming.


1st off then, I need to clear up the fact that therewasan was all written without spaces so I kept it.
Racing club was radio controlled cars, I used to go every Friday night and I was really pretty good at it, my car was one of the few British made ones available (Mardave Meteor fact fans!) and although I had to put up with a few idiosyncrasies I proper enjoyed it.

The Lunch Box was a monster truck VW Beetle.

And yes, crasting was the word written, I meant crashing but then I accidentally crossed the h.

1 comment:

  1. January 1988... Would our paths have crossed by that time then Neil, or were we still in our Gladys Buxton/Gosforth divide? Either way, I'm not sure I ever knew that you were into RC car racing? I'm assuming that you used to go to the racing club at Coal Aston village hall? Ash Stables and I used to go up there sometimes too.. But the main reason for this post is to say - I used to have a Mardave Meteor aswell! Proper cool, and built like tanks! :D That steel chassis really came in useful in those "destruction derbys"!
    - TimmyB

    ReplyDelete