Tuesday 11 May 2010

Sunday 24th January 1988


Well here I am sitting here listening to my walkman. What I've got on is quite good. I recorded it myself (how modest) it's got Stutter rap on it and this is the chorus.

Noone's ever seen what I mean
from the age of n, n, n, n, Thirteen
we've all been caught in a m, m, m, m, mouth trap
so join with us do the st, st, st, st, stutter rap

it's dead good it's by morris minor and the majors. Can't think what else to put so I'll stop now.



I'm so awesomely naïve that I think I can take credit for recording something from an LP onto a tape...

Good old Morris Minor and the Majors, Tony Hawks (a name featuring possibly the most important 's' in the world) a pastiche of some famous hip hop tunes, none of which I had heard at the time so as I grew up and listened to more hip hop, I discovered more elements they used. The album I recorded it off was my 1st ever vinyl album, bought from Our Price in Chesterfield along with a vinyl cleaner velvet brush thing... The Greatest Hits of 1988. It had Sabrina on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment